domingo, fevereiro 26, 2006

26 de Fevereiro - Citação do Dia

English - the speech of my secret choice, of my future, of long friendships, of the deepest affections, of hours of toil and hours of ease, and of solitary hours, too, of books read, of thoughts pursued, of remembered emotions - of my very dreams... English was for me neither a matter of choice nor adoption. The merest idea of choice never entered my head. And as to adoption - well, yes, there was adoption; but it was I who was adopted by the genius of the language, which, directly I came out of the stammering stage, made me its own so completely that its very idioms, I truly believe had a direct action on my temperament and fashioned my still plastic character.

Joseph Conrad

Espertalhota: joana

Etiquetas:

3 Comments:

Blogger Joana said...

Nunca li isto, mas acho que sei de quem e.

2:38 da tarde  
Blogger ana said...

Então porque não palpitas? Nunca tenho palpites para prosa, *sniff*. Ninguém gosta das minhas prosinhas, *sniff*...

3:17 da tarde  
Blogger Joana said...

Ok, a Joana palpita como uma batata frita:Teodor Josef konrad Korzeniowski, aka, Joseph Conrad?
e um escritor que gosto muito e que li muito

3:37 da tarde  

Enviar um comentário

<< Home